Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F877A help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

HI,

i have yet recieved my programmer (picall and made it ready to program the 18F series....)

i also have soldered a test board whit a led and a power mosfet and a switch...

now i want to start programming but my question was do i need to use a crystal??? for this chip..??? i thought it had one build in side if this is true which setting do i need to set..??/

TKS

PDF files

i also already downloaded ofcourse the pdf sheets but i have realy no idea where to start searching for this settings / options..??

TKS

by the datasheet you do need a crystal or a RC osc. since there is no mention of any internal osc.

TKS said:
now i want to start programming but my question was do i need to use a crystal??? for this chip..??? i thought it had one build in side if this is true which setting do i need to set..??/

Yes, you need a crystal, and two small capacitors (or use a ceramic resonator, with the capacitors built in). You can use a simple RC (resistor capacitor) external oscillator, but it's not very accurate - best to use a crystal.

ok here we goo.>!!

well i brought a 20Mhz crystal 6euro's..!!

and 2 very small capacitors (33pF???)

wired it up and then i saw that i was in plan suplying the VDD to pin 10 instead of pin 11 :cry: :oops: :shock:

soow now i have to wait to repait my sucker..!! jeejje :lol: :D :)

Nigel wich programmer do you use..??? i use the pic all it's a must if you want a scalable programmer i can easy add devices...to the programmer

it cost something but atleast it gives you something

TKS

Re: ok here we goo.>!!

TKS said:
Nigel wich programmer do you use..??? i use the pic all it's a must if you want a scalable programmer i can easy add devices...to the programmer

I use the P16PRO40 with my own software, WinPicProg.

it cost something but atleast it gives you something

Mine doesn't cost anything :lol:

Re: PIC 18 series

TKS said:
ok but can you also program the pic18FXXX???

No, I've never had any interest in them, WinPicProg basically supports the chips I use - after all, it was written for my own use :lol:

IC-Prog is pretty good, and is free as well - I don't know if it supports the 18 series chips or not - I've never had occasion to look.

What I would like to do is buy a PicStart +, but I can't justify the money :( ( I have around 200 16C57XT's that I can't use ).

Re: Programming 16Cxxxx

TKS said:
that one is standard for my programmer..:D

Right, you have the picall programmer (not just the software), I've considered ordering one as well - just for the 16C57 - but I don't know what I'd use them for :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back