16F877A help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

HI,

i have yet recieved my programmer (picall and made it ready to program the 18F series....)

i also have soldered a test board whit a led and a power mosfet and a switch...

now i want to start programming but my question was do i need to use a crystal??? for this chip..??? i thought it had one build in side if this is true which setting do i need to set..??/

TKS

PDF files

i also already downloaded ofcourse the pdf sheets but i have realy no idea where to start searching for this settings / options..??

TKS

TKS said:
now i want to start programming but my question was do i need to use a crystal??? for this chip..??? i thought it had one build in side if this is true which setting do i need to set..??/

Yes, you need a crystal, and two small capacitors (or use a ceramic resonator, with the capacitors built in). You can use a simple RC (resistor capacitor) external oscillator, but it's not very accurate - best to use a crystal.

ok here we goo.>!!

well i brought a 20Mhz crystal 6euro's..!!

and 2 very small capacitors (33pF???)

wired it up and then i saw that i was in plan suplying the VDD to pin 10 instead of pin 11 :cry: :shock:

soow now i have to wait to repait my sucker..!! jeejje :lol:

Nigel wich programmer do you use..??? i use the pic all it's a must if you want a scalable programmer i can easy add devices...to the programmer

it cost something but atleast it gives you something

TKS

Re: ok here we goo.>!!

TKS said:
Nigel wich programmer do you use..??? i use the pic all it's a must if you want a scalable programmer i can easy add devices...to the programmer

I use the P16PRO40 with my own software, WinPicProg.

it cost something but atleast it gives you something

Mine doesn't cost anything :lol:

Re: PIC 18 series

TKS said:
ok but can you also program the pic18FXXX???

No, I've never had any interest in them, WinPicProg basically supports the chips I use - after all, it was written for my own use :lol:

IC-Prog is pretty good, and is free as well - I don't know if it supports the 18 series chips or not - I've never had occasion to look.

What I would like to do is buy a PicStart +, but I can't justify the money ( I have around 200 16C57XT's that I can't use ).

Re: Programming 16Cxxxx

TKS said:
that one is standard for my programmer..

Right, you have the picall programmer (not just the software), I've considered ordering one as well - just for the 16C57 - but I don't know what I'd use them for :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…