Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F877A data sheet query

Status
Not open for further replies.

sae140

I understand that the 16F877A device has a 20Mhz spec, and that the 16LF877A has a 10Mhz spec.

However, on page 231 of the data sheet, example c) reads: PIC16F877A-I/P = Industrial temp., PDIP package
10 MHz, normal VDD limits.

Can anyone au fait with this device kindly explain where the 10 Mhz comes from in this example ? Ta.

Rest assured 16f877A-i/p runs at 20Mhz. I have used it at that. Sorry if this wan't your worry.

it is correct.
if you use FF877, it works only up to 4MHz with a supply between 2 to 3V.
from above 3V to 5V , it reaches 10MHz and that is the Maximum.
the F877A starts working at 4V onwards to 5V but can work at 20MHz

it is correct.
if you use FF877, it works only up to 4MHz with a supply between 2 to 3V.
from above 3V to 5V , it reaches 10MHz and that is the Maximum.
the F877A starts working at 4V onwards to 5V but can work at 20MHz

Mmmm. How is example c) correct then ? The example c) on page 231 refers to the 'F877A, not the LF version.
From the device marking PIC16F877A-I/P, they (Microchip) have somehow determined that this is a 10Mhz part.

The example given does not match device spec information elsewhere in the data sheet.

thecritic - Rest assured 16f877A-i/p runs at 20Mhz. I have used it at that. Sorry if this wan't your worry.
Appreciate your reply - not so much 'worry', but the device data sheet is now 7 years old, and you'd have thought that any typo's (assumption) would have been corrected by now ...

i don't see page 321 on my datasheet i had

Hello Sarma - it's page 231 - if you need it, the download link is: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/02/39582b.pdf

There are also a couple of Errata sheets on Microchips's site - one of which (B7) I hadn't downloaded (whoops !): https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/02/80276A.pdf
which confirms that it's a typo ... should have read 20Mhz.

Can sleep easy now - thanks for all the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back