Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16f877 bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim_north

I am working with the Pic 16f877 and am trying to setup a Bootloader. All the code I found is based on using the USART.In my case I can't because it is used by a circuit. And the code is in C , That I do not understand well enough to modify. ASM is what i do.
I am using using a Bit-bang on PortC to communicate with the computer at 9600. I can communicate and writing to memory no problem I think My problem is with the writing of the new code to the correct address. I think it's a data flow problem and I am trying to use HyperTer to send the hex file. I'm going in circles now so does anyone know of a simple bootloader that I can modify to use any port and a windows program that a End user can easily use to download new hex files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back