Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F876A

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN-1

Hello. I have a quick question please. I want to purchase a 16F876A PIC that operates from a 20 MHz crystal. The one I found has '16F876A-I/SP' printed on it. How do I know it can operate at 20 MHz? Thanks a lot.

YAN-1 said:
Hello. I have a quick question please. I want to purchase a 16F876A PIC that operates from a 20 MHz crystal. The one I found has '16F876A-I/SP' printed on it. How do I know it can operate at 20 MHz? Thanks a lot.

As far as I know, ALL 16F876A's operate at 20MHz!.

In fact, even the 16F876's marked 4MHz work perfectly at 20MHz as well, I've never heard of one which didn't (or even heard of anyone who's heard of anyone! 8) ) - presumably they are identical devices?. There's certainly no way a device designed to work at 20MHz is only going to work at 4MHz! - I presume it's always been a marketing ploy?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back