Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 Pin Lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg29

hi friends.....
i'm very new to LCD's. recently i bought 16x2 16 Pin LCD. From Pin 1 to Pin 14 I know the details. But gfor backlight Pin 15 and Pin 16 should be used which i don't no how to use.....Please help me out friends....i don't know the part number of the LCD as it's not their.

Thank u friends..

garg29 said:
hi friends.....
i'm very new to LCD's. recently i bought 16x2 16 Pin LCD. From Pin 1 to Pin 14 I know the details. But gfor backlight Pin 15 and Pin 16 should be used which i don't no how to use.....Please help me out friends....i don't know the part number of the LCD as it's not their.

The extra two pins are just for the backlight (assuming it has one?), just treat it as an LED and feed it via a current limiting resistor - try it either way round and see which way lights up - or if it doesn't, there is no backlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back