Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16-bit series book with assembly examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamadiss

Hello to everybody. Can you suggest me any book to buy about the 16-bit series that includes examples written with assembly code? Thanks!!! :)

Hi,

Would suggest that you are making things difficult for yourself.

The 16 bit Pic24 and higher chips are generally intended and widely supported to be programmed in C or similar.

While they all come with assemblers the amount of books for diyers is very sparse and similarly in forums like this very few folk go down that route, so you will find help difficult.

If you want to program in assembler the 16F and 18F chips are ideal and completely supported.

For Pic24s then C etc is the way to go.

So think you need to determine which is more important to you , the hardware or software, perhaps if you let us know what your criteria is we can help more.

I choose that pic because a friend gaved to me two pieces of that pics. That is the reason. The only pic that i have worked on is 16F628 with assembly. Unfortunatelly i don't enough knoledge about pics. I 'm still a beginer.

Hi,

Well would stongly suggest you stick with the 16F628A and continue to learn about assembler and the pics with that.

It will be much easier to learn and there is loads of help for it in this forum etc.
See Nigels tutorials and other sites as shown in the Sticky at the top of this forum.

Trying to jump to the Pic24 with assembler or C,will just leave you confused and disheartened, so put the pic24s in the draw or give them back to your friend - you did say he was a friend ??:rolleyes:

The the Pic24 programmed with assembly or with C finally. I thinking to use the PIC18F97J60. That pic is similar to the PIC16F628. No comments about for other things please !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back