Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 bit microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, my lecturer had lend the development board to me and asked me to use 16 bit instead of 8 bit.
it's quite new to me to build my robot.
do u have any further information instead of refering to the datasheets?

you really need to be more specifc, what do you need to know

how to program it?
how many A/D does it have?
how much RAM?
how much ROM?
number of I/O pins?
click speed?

we are not mind readers

The lecturer should have outlined some form of task for you to perform, when handing over the dev board, otherwise it's a loan for your personal use.

Did you previously have a working 8-bit program, which is expected to be modified to work on the new 16-bit PIC, or are you expected to produce a new 16-bit program from scratch?

What have you done so far? Post your schematic & code.

Minimal info usually gets minimal help...

well, my lecturer had lend the development board to me and asked me to use 16 bit instead of 8 bit.
it's quite new to me to build my robot.
do u have any further information instead of refering to the datasheets?
Download the C30 compiler from MicroChip and you can program it in C. You'll still need to read the data sheet of the pic24FJ128GA010 for hardware specific info. Start here.

i would like to ask questions
i already installed mplab ide8.10v
but when i want to add my PIC24F source and header file i couldn't find it.
is it i still need to install other source file from microchip?

what if i use "microC for dsPIC30" software?
can i use it program using MPlab ICD2?
thank you.

If you can not find your C source file:

You did not save it as a .c file, did the keywords turn blue in the editor after you saved it ?

MPLAB thinks the last place you
found or saved a file is where you want to find or save the next one.
There is a good chance that you saved the .c files where you are not
currently looking for them. If you added .h or .lkr files you may be
looking or saving to those directories.

Last edited:
nope..because i can't find my source and header in directories so i didn't continue to create the project.

if i did not adding the source file (<pic24fj128ga010.c>) and header file (<pic24fj128ga010.h>), even i wrote the program it also will not be running, am i right?

but no harm to try it.

anyway, can i use the software that i mention previously(microC) to program using mplab icd2?

thank you.

Uploaded Video Tutorial on MPLAB projects

I uploaded a video tutorial on creating MPLAB projects.

Follow the link in my signature to my home page.
In the table find the row lesson "Creating a MPLAB project " and click on AVI under the video column. It is 117MB. It is much better to download it (save it) instead of trying to open it. My server does not have a lot of upload bandwidth.

This is an unedited video without frills but it gets the job done.
3v0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back