Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

15Vdc & 10A Power Supply Design for Electroplating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the difference in output voltage between a full wave and half wave setup?

Whats the difference in output voltage between a full wave and half wave setup?
very little.
Green trace is full wave.
Red trace is 1/2 wave.
Blue is the power line.
upload_2014-1-28_19-0-4.png

Hi again everyone. Sorry for the late reply, I misheard my colleague! Sorry :D My bad. The project is all about tin-plating. There would be a plate submerged in a solution and the current would be adjusted in accordance to the load and how the solution reacts to the plate. So the voltage would be around 0-15Vdc or could be even pushed to 24Vdc as the usual voltage number, while the current would be until 10A or depending on the load (might be 40A or so). Last time they plated a small grid plate of 3V and a current of 2-3A. Also, the current of the power supply is different if the solution has no load from a solution with load/ many loads.

Would I still need some more info about the project? Sorry for the grudge :(

Are you set on building one? Or is buying OK?

Take a look at this one: 0-30V 30A RK3030 switchmode adjustable DC power supply.
**broken link removed**

Should be more than enough for a small plating operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back