Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

15 SPDT functions with one switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeëlzeM

Hello,

This might sound like a strange question to you experts out here, but I'm not into electronics much. I do as much as I can myself and I'm willing to try stuff out and learn about the possibilities.

I have a guitar amplifier that I began modding. Mostly resistor values changes or cut out, or cap values changes or cut out or combinations etc. I've done quite some changes to it but it got me thinking. It would be great to switch between the modded circuit and the stock circuit cause they both sound very different. I made this quick schematic for myself (yeah, I know it's not how it's supposed to be, but I understand it):

**broken link removed**

As you see there are 15 SPDT functions, the first line is always the stock one and the second lines are the modified values etc. It would be great if I could change them all with the flick of a switch.

By the way, the 15th one is just a mod with a potentiometer and some caps for a custom control on the amp, called a resonance control. That only works if SPDT number 9 is on the modded line (like R46 isn't in the circuit). This resonance control only works if another function on the amp is disables, the DI-output. Which you don't really need but it would be nice to change back so it works again íf you need it. It's really either the added resonance control, or the DI-out and I'd like the possibility to switch between those.

My idea was to get all these components on a new project board, not too big and place that in an empty space inside the amp, and have it wired to one switch to control all functions.

Does this make ANY sense?;)
Any opinions or is this a bullcrap idea?

Thanks

Last edited:
Certainly you could use relays to perform the function. It would take four 4pdt relays, for example, operated by the switch.

Perhaps this isn't a 'one component' solution but a quick and easy method would be to arrange some cheap slide switches, side by side (on your diagram, they switch left to right) and then just glue something to all of them :) If you can buy a push-pull switch, you could then just use the mounting for that so it looks half decent...glue it to the 'pole' that moves all the switches in one and bobs your uncle. Not elegant, but i'll work.

Of course relays are by far a better solution, but someone already suggested that lol Just make sure they are all the same type if they are to be driven by the same signal.
I assume you have access to some form of low voltage power in your amp? As most relays will take 5-12V to switch.

Considering the switches are probably switching different signals, voltages/currents, I would certainly go with mewchanical (switches/relays) over FET's or analogue switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back