Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

15-20 second entry delay for alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockz

Hi guys, been playing about tyring to make an entry delay for an alarm for some while now but not having much joy.

I have a keypad connected to a monostable, when i trigger the monostable using one of the buttons it goes high for a given time. The concept is to have the monstable turn on an astable 555 which will then trigger a bistable wich will then latch the main circuit. it is working but not how i would like. when i connect the ouptut of monstable to the astable, the timing of the monstable changes. Also the bistable does not allways trigger in this time perioda. Can anyone suggest some ideas, those of you who know about timing circuits.

Last edited:
You forgot this, shockz:
start button on delay.JPG

Last edited:
I cant figure out what you are trying to do with the third 555, but here is how to use the first to gate the second on/off. Note that the first period is longer than the subsequent ones.

Attachments

• DF65.png
    DF65.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back