Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

14-Feb. Not such a nice day for some

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCHK

As you all know by now, South Africa’s Oscar Pistorius was handed a 5 year prison sentence for the “murder” or his girlfriend on the 14th of Feb 2013.

Now, some of you might know about my case (14 Feb 2010) where my (now eX wife) hired two men to assassinate me. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/i-survived.103782/

Now, after 4 years and 8 months of trials and more trials, I can finally report that the eX and her surviving one accomplice both received 8 (eight) years behind bars. The 2nd died of diabeties.

Just shows you what money can do. Kill someone and have a few “bob” in your pocket, you get 5 years of which you only have to do 10 months, OR try to kill someone (and you have a crappy lawyer) and you get 8 years.

From your point of view though, it is unlikely that Pistorious will come to your house and shoot you (or anyone else for that matter), through the bathroom door.

But, your Ex and her accomplice MAY just be willing to give it a go if they were released quite early!
So, keep them locked up for a bit longer.

JimB

For a while I thought about going into law. I spent many days going to trial and just watching. What I saw and what the news reported was very different. Most of the time there was no reporter there but the trial was in the news and I don't know how the news got their ideas.

I do not know much about "Oscar Pistorius". I am only commenting on the difference between what I saw and what I read.

As you all know by now, South Africa’s Oscar Pistorius was handed a 5 year prison sentence for the “murder” or his girlfriend on the 14th of Feb 2013.

Now, some of you might know about my case (14 Feb 2010) where my (now eX wife) hired two men to assassinate me. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/i-survived.103782/

Now, after 4 years and 8 months of trials and more trials, I can finally report that the eX and her surviving one accomplice both received 8 (eight) years behind bars. The 2nd died of diabeties.

Just shows you what money can do. Kill someone and have a few “bob” in your pocket, you get 5 years of which you only have to do 10 months, OR try to kill someone (and you have a crappy lawyer) and you get 8 years.

Hi SpeedChicken

I remember your original post well after all the years...your young Son if I remember correctly helped save your life when the stuff hit the fan..
A very brave and fearless little Guy. Protecting and helping his Dad....

I think you posted pictures too....probably lost now with all the Site changes and new Software and new owners etc.

Point is, nobody can really understand stuff here......unless they are living here. Lives are worth really nothing under ANC rule...money is the worthy thing.

So totally stuffed up. Thanks for posting and stay well and safe.

Regards,
tvtech

I think the difference is premeditated vs; alleged. They had to build the case against him. While your attackers were evidenced by your son and the connection between your attackers seems clear she had a connection. It also helps if they "rat" each other "out". I'm not sure if someone started to talk or not? If they did then it becomes and open and shut case that even a good lawyer would have a hard time defending. Make it difficult for them the next time.

I think the next time you need to "teach them" never bring a knife to a gun fight and get you a permit to carry, and on the other hand. It's always good practice to carry a knife also; in the event your gun misfires.

I have just read your original case (the 14th of February 2010 posts) and the fresh ones. Congratulations on winning and I am glad the justice was served. I hope everything is alright with you and your sons. You're one hell of an awesome father. Do you mind me asking one question? You said your wife was the mastermind of the attack and she was also hurt, yes? So she did all this to just deceive you, she let attackers stab her too?

I have just read your original case (the 14th of February 2010 posts) and the fresh ones. Congratulations on winning and I am glad the justice was served. I hope everything is alright with you and your sons. You're one hell of an awesome father. Do you mind me asking one question? You said your wife was the mastermind of the attack and she was also hurt, yes? So she did all this to just deceive you, she let attackers stab her too?

There was no mention she was injured. Why attack without wanting something? Get a clue; they were already paid or promised to be paid after the crime.

Hi James,

No actually, she was not injured via stabbing, but by actual fighting between her and her accomplice (Chris).

After they realized that the whole staged attack had gone horribly wrong, Chris used a stainless steel spatula to whack my son on the forehead after I disarmed the knife from them. Chris also somehow managed to hit the eX on the arm, but I believe that was because she was just in the way while he and my son were fighting.

It has come to light during the trial that she (the eX) continuously bugged Chris on the day of the attack. Their original plan was to kill me either the Tuesday or Wednesday morning but she became impatient and just wanted the job done.

I believe if they stuck to their original plan, they might have actually succeeded.

There was no mention she was injured. Why attack without wanting something? Get a clue; they were already paid or promised to be paid after the crime.

Yes, they were promised R50,000 (about $5000USD) if I was killed and my insurance actaully paid out. Come to think of it, they must have been real hard up for money. There’s no way that I will try and kill somebody on a promise of a payout? That’s just nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back