Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

13 year-old dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK has the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe, yet has the strictest anti-p o r n laws - perhaps there's a direct connection between those two statistics?.

Last edited:
Its alleged that there is the chance that one of two other males may be the father of the child, maybe not the boy.

Malsie looks like Alfie. Chantelle looks pretty and there's no wonder what she has made with Alfie. But it's always cool to make it with younger ones(Excuse me for an open response!).

Um, isn't "The Sun" one of those supermarket-checkout tabloids that claims UFO's make crop circles and the witchcraft diet will help you lose weight by using an anti-calorie spell on ice cream?

Um, isn't "The Sun" one of those supermarket-checkout tabloids that claims UFO's make crop circles and the witchcraft diet will help you lose weight by using an anti-calorie spell on ice cream?

No, it's not that bad (you're thinking of the Sunday Sport) - the Sun has Hagar in it, I read it (just Hagar) whenever I find a copy (I don't buy ANY newspaper).

Last edited:
Nature clearly thinks they're ready - who is anyone else to argue?

Sex at such a young age is not a new thing. Anyone who says they're shocked at the idea is living on a different planet! They may not like the idea, but it's a personal choice isn't it. It wouldn't have been my choice, and I wouldn't suggest it's a good idea. But if another couple want to choose differently... that's their business. Who am I to say I'm disgusted by it?

The main thing is to support both parents and make sure that the baby is brought up responsibly, which I'm sure both families will do.

Brian

Nature clearly thinks they're ready - who is anyone else to argue?

Sex at such a young age is not a new thing. Anyone who says they're shocked at the idea is living on a different planet! They may not like the idea, but it's a personal choice isn't it. It wouldn't have been my choice, and I wouldn't suggest it's a good idea. But if another couple want to choose differently... that's their business. Who am I to say I'm disgusted by it?

Bear in mind as well, not that many years ago it was commonplace (marriage at 9 years old wasn't rare) - its only modern times where ages of consent have existed, and those vary, even within the same country (like the USA).

The problem is the children are too young to be responsible parents.

Modern high fat diets enable children to develop are a much younger age than they used to. In Victorian times most children had to wait until the age of 15 before they're sexually mature. Nowadays it's more like 12 or 13.

Unfortunately the speed of brain development hasn't increased to the same degree so you get children who are too emotionally immature to have children.

I would never recommend that minors have children. However, I know a few people who had mothers that were underage when they were born. To my surprise, they each had a great childhood. These people are exceptional and well-adjusted. They were fortunate to have good mothers and extended family to help.

Personally, I was born in the more traditional way, but my father took off when I was eight. I was also fortunate to have a good mother and grandparents. I've done ok too, but perhaps with a few more scars than the others I speak of.

Life is a great journey, but the hard part is getting started. I'm glad that the random decisions my mother made, led to my existence, and so is my Mom. Hopefully, this new child, and his mother will feel the same, when he is grown.

Last edited:
I don't know what to make of that story.. First thing I thought when I heard was "Why is this news beyond their neighbourhood?", then I read a few comments by the kids about planning it all and started thinking it was a media stunt of course, because these comments are more along the lines of what a 4-6yr old would think.. "I used to like dolls alot, but now they're boring, so I wanted a real baby..", "I did it because I think I'll be a really good dad".. I knew the dangers of knocking a girl up when I was 8-9.. I don't know any 15yr old girls that naive (developmentally disabled ones aside 'perhaps').. I think I'll just stop paying attention until they do casting for the TV movie..

I think that parents are supposed to teach their kids about birth control before the babies start coming.

Nature clearly thinks they're ready - who is anyone else to argue? ...... But if another couple want to choose differently... that's their business. Who am I to say I'm disgusted by it?
Brian
That quoted statement is skewed IMHO. I believe it is our business to get involved afterall, as mature adults having for the most part, the foresight to recognize the pitfalls that besets adolescent aged parents. First of all, unless the whole story is a tabloid hoax, note how both "parents" are holding PSP games in stark contrast to the responsibilities required to be parents!!! Mature, capable parents would be posing amidst baby toys in a nursery or similar... not with videogames in hand!
And sure, Nature makes provisions (sooner or later) for life to propagate itself, but that's strictly for the ongoing survival of a species. And when it comes to animals and such rearing their young (humans aside) their parenting skills are built-in... instinctive. Humans acquire parenting skills, often late or after the long duration of raising children. We tend to make for better grandparents than we do as parents. Thank God for pediatric books, and good advice offered from experienced others. Those two kids very likely won't succeed at parenthood without the assistance of their families and community assistance organizations... making for the infant to be the real victim in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back