Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

13 -50V to 10V, conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy and cheap is a linear regulator. Your requirements fit inside an LM317HV. At 50 V input the regulator will be dissipating 4 W, requiring at least a heatsink and maybe a fan depending on the available air. An even easier alternative is a simple zener diode plus a small power transistor, but the power issue is the same and the regulation will be a bit worse. What regulation tolerance do you need?

Next up is a switching buck regulator. Lotsa goodies on ebay with 60 V input ranges.

ak

Last edited:
Easy and cheap is a linear regulator. Your requirements just fit inside an LM317H. At 50 V input the regulator will be dissipating 4 W, requiring at least a heatsink and maybe a fan depending on the available air.

ak
But in LM317H datasheet, its saying 1.2V–25V Adjustable Regulator, not anywhere saying 50V

The LM317HV (my typo) can tolerate 57 V from its input terminal to output terminal. With a 10 V output voltage, the device can handle up to 67 V at the input.

I corrected my previous post.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back