Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12vac to 12vdc 70 watt, bridge Rectifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiakla

Hello,

I am attempting to connect LED rope light to a malibu 12AC transformer (malibu lights) power source. I think I need a bridge rectifier to make the current DC so that the LED's will not flicker.

Could anyone out there recommend which rectifier would be best fitted to do the job? If you have suggestions as to where to buy such a part I would be most appreciative,

Thanks,

Mike

Since you stated that the power is 70W. That means the rectifier must be able to handle 70/12 or 5.8 amps. There are a couple of choices. If you are in the US you can get part number 276-1181 from radio shack. It is a 6A bridge. I would go with the 276-1185 as it is a 25A bridge and easier to connect to.
The transformer connects to the AC input terminals, generally they have a single symple like(≈). The + is the positive output and the - is the negative output. The output terminals need to be connected to the correct leads of the LED's for them to light up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back