Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v to 24v conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminox

Hi, I have a fridge that I use in my truck which runs on a 24v 7.5amp supply and I'm wondering if it's at all possible to make a converter so I can use it on a 12v supply when in the car?

If so, how, I've dabbled with PIC's and LED circuits recently for my sons models but this is a new area fow me entirely. I've searched on here but cannot seem to find any similar threads hence the question.

Many thanks

You need a 12V to 24V converter with at least a 180W rating. They require a fair amount of expertise to make and you wouldn't save that much money so I recommend buying one such as this.

Ah, I did a search a while back and could never find anything, saying that they're double the price here in the UK! Got to now decide wether it's worth paying the money or not now, for the same pice (maybe a little more) I could buy a new 12v powered fridge..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back