Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v to 15v DC to DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamarama

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a circuit for a DC to DC converter circuit that inputs 12v and outputs 15v at around 3-4A. Can anyone suggest a way of achieving this without using an expensive IC? I'm on a tight budget you see. Thanks for any help :)

Define expensive.

Attached is the schematic of a circuit to convert 12V to 15V at 4A. I'm not sure what you consider expensive but the total BOM is $4.55 USD. The schematic was generated using one of the WEBENCH design tools on the National Semiconductor website. I've personally found it very useful in the past. Here's a link:

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• DC-DC Converter.PNG
    DC-DC Converter.PNG
    68.1 KB · Views: 711
Ideally less than £20 ($30ish), and it would appear that vne147 has it more or less sussed! Thankyou very much! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back