Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V switch by a headphone jack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickyp

I'm connecting my mp3 player to my car stereo via a 12V fm modulator. I connect my player to the modulator via a headphone jack I wired to the unit, but I have to hit a switch to turn the modulator off when it's not in use. I'd like to be able to switch the modulator on when I plug in my mp3 player.

My headphone jack has an SPDT switch, normally closed. How can I use this to switch the 12V leading into the modulator?

I apologize if this is a silly question, but would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Dickyp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back