Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V regulated PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

I'm wanting to make a regulated PSU as in using regulators not a transformer. I can't find any with a high enough input, the max i can find is like 35v to 12v. I want a 12v output at the highest current output possible. I need a place to find the components and a schematic to create the project. Thanks

if you only want to have a PSU of high current then you can find many online, tell whats your elevel of experience in electronics, and where you are going to use this unit? transformers are so comfortable and so safer than switch mode power supplies unless otherwise needed for some specific requirements.

yeh it was more of a project that would be usful and that would have small dimension that will keep weight to the minimum, i would like around 20A max although around 10A would be fine. I will be using it in my shed for powering a small 12Vdc compressor rated at 14A

Last edited:
Use a PC power supply. I'm guessing you'd need between a 500-600 watt ATX style supply to provide that many amps on the 12 volt rail. They're easily modifiable to turn on and off with almost any type of switch. No point in building a circuit when there are cheap commercial devices available. Best off, there's a modest chance you can find someone with an old PC that has one that will meet your needs so it could be free. It'd be difficult to get smaller and lighter than a PC ATX power supply for what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back