Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V PWM Fan Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRacer

I'm trying to design a PWM using a 555 timer to control a 80W fan. I'm essentially trying to use the PWM to simulate a low-speed setting, and the circuit will be bypassed to run high speed @ 12V when needed. I'll be running 2 fans, but will make a PWM for each one.

Last edited:
555 timer circuits for PWM control are readily available on the web. So your question is?

555 timer circuits for PWM control are readily available on the web. So your question is?

Most I find online are rated for 2A max. Do I just simply replace the IC with one capable of higher amperage or is there more to it?

You build a circuit like this. All you need to do is make sure the transistor driving the load can handle the current required by the load. The IRFZ46 well exceeds your requirments.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back