Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V LCD controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradpitt4u2day

I have a 12V LCD controller. I want to provide power from my computer power supply molex connector. Can I simply solder the 12v (yellow wire) to the lcd controller. I can not find the ground on the LCD controller but I believe it is grounded when screwed to the chassis. All help greatly appreciated.

I have a 12V LCD controller. I want to provide power from my computer power supply molex connector. Can I simply solder the 12v (yellow wire) to the lcd controller. I can not find the ground on the LCD controller but I believe it is grounded when screwed to the chassis. All help greatly appreciated.

hi brad,
In my PC I use the 'old' floppy disc power connector to power external projects, its a 4 pole Molex type connector, it has two 0V pins and +5V and +12V pins.

Do you have a part number or diagram of the controller, relying on a chassis for 0V is not the best way to go.

E.

Here are some images

IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG

I want to solder the yellow molex to where the red wire is. I have no idea where to put the black ground wire.

hi,
Is the black connector, bottom left hand corner of the PCB a 2pin power input connector.

If yes, it should have a 0V pin.??

I want to solder the yellow molex to where the red wire is. I have no idea where to put the black ground wire.

Looking at your images the RED wire is connected to the 0V ground plane of the PCB.!!!

Look at the Molex connector , white, on the left side of your PCB image, that appears to have the input power rails, thats connected to a switched mode power supply.

Looking at your images the RED wire is connected to the 0V ground plane of the PCB.!!!

Look at the Molex connector , white, on the left side of your PCB image, that appears to have the input power rails, thats connected to a switched mode power supply.

I did not do that this is how it came.

That molex connector powers a inverter for lcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back