Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v E10 filament indicator bulbs not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_D

Hi,
I am working on a theatre project. The show requires 10 E10 filament bulbs to be mounted on the set and dimmed throughout the show. I wired 10 bulbs in parallel at short distances to a transformer then powered them from standard 240v socket they all worked fine. However, when I mounted the bulbs throughout the set and tried to power them, only the first one or two lit up and then began fading. The distances between the lamps was at least a meter.

I'm stuck as to what to do now? Is it voltage drop over longer runs? The minimum rated power output of the transformer is 10w which could be the issue but then how did the lights work on the shorter chain I tested?

Any ideas??

Thanks

The cable is .75 flex. The run from the transformer to the first lamp is about a foot but the distances between each fitting varies from a meter to two meters.

Assuming the same transformer, and the wiring all making good contact, then it MUST work as it did before.

Do you have access to a multimeter? - if so measure the voltage across the bulbs, then measure the output voltage of the transformer actually on it's pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back