Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v dc reversing polarity circuit with omron h3y time delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdb0ewm

I HAVE A 12v DC REVERSING POLARITY MOTOR THAT I WANT TO DRIVE IN TANDEM WITH ANOTHER 12V DC LINEAR ACTUATOR.

I WANT THE LINEAR ACTUATOR TO START RUNNING 10 SECONDS AFTER THE MOTOR RECEIVES POWER. I BOUGHT AN OMRON H3Y TIME DELAY RELAY TO INSTALL BEFORE THE LINEAR ACTUATOR BUT IT ONLY FUNCTIONS TO DRIVE THE ACTUATOR OPEN. WHEN I POWER THE MOTOR IN THE OTHER DIRECTION, THE ACTUATOR SHOULD CLOSE BUT IT DOESN'T MOVE.

CAN I GET HELP ON HOW TO WIRE THE CIRCUIT

THANKS

Last edited:
please don't shout. (capitals...)

i am not quite sure i understand the problem and if i do, you will need additional components.

reversing DC motors use different polarity for FWD/REV. H3Y has model that can run on 12VDC but it will require same polarity.
hence if you want to connect timer to motor, you will need to use bridge rectifier.

it is no problem to set H3Y to 10seconds.

also H3Y has DPDT contacts (at least) so if your linear actuator current and voltage ratings do not exceed timer ratings, you can drive it directly.
alternatively you could use timer to drive contactor and have actuator wired to contactor.

you can also get circuit if you provide some more details. "linear actuator" tells a bit about mechanical travel of the unit and - nothing else.
to create circuit we need to know electrical parameters, pinouts, preferably link to a datasheet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back