Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v Battery to battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Wilkins

I am in the process of laying down some design ideas so I can get my leisure battery in my caravan to charge up properly when driving.
What I need to do is convert the 13volts up to around 18 to 20 volts so I can regulate the charging current to the battery.
I am going to use a TL494 Ic based on designs I have seen in high power audio amplifiers used in cars . The Ic will drive a couple of hefty mosfets and I want to use a torroid as a transformer ,the primary will be twin wires 0.5mm 9 turns + 9turns ,the secondary might be 3turns + 3turns ,then a couple of hefty fast diodes, Im looking for about 50 watts of power 5 volts 10 Amps ,then stack this on top of the input .
Any advise about the design would be appreciated.

Barry Wilkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back