Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizwan33

hi
i am trying to build a 12v 5ah sla battery charger.
i have collected some circuits from internet .please guide me which one of them is good to start with.
if someone have any circuit then he is requested to share.

Attachments

• gcellchg.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 163
  • charger.pdf
    395.1 KB · Views: 186
When you want 5 amps you are getting into difficult territory for a linear regulator. An LM350 can do 3 amps but will require a heat sink capable of dissipating 15 watts.

For current higher then a couple of amps you are better off with a switching regulator.

Last edited:
I like the design of the second one better, but you can't use all the power for your battery so the first would be better. (and cheaper)

RCinFLA,
it is a 5AH battery ,it doesnt means that i need 5A to charge it.
it can be charged on 650ma of current

Sorry, read it too quickly, thought you were looking for a 5 amp circuit.

Neither of the two circuits have a reverse block in case power is lost or unplugged while still connected to battery. The first one looks like very small amount of current to LED. Second circuit is better.

Last edited:
hi
i am trying to build a 12v 5ah sla battery charger.
i have collected some circuits from internet .please guide me which one of them is good to start with.
if someone have any circuit then he is requested to share.
Here is one I designed a built over a year ago. It also has a circuit to monitor the charging and tell you when the battery is charged.

Attachments

• Complete charger.pdf
    143 KB · Views: 466
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back