Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v automotive relay off timed schematic needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvols

I need a schematic using a 555 timer chip to turn an automotive 12v relay off in 5 seconds or less as soon as the ignition switch is on . I plan on using the relay to power up a 12v bulb.

Is the relay normally on continuously when the ignition is off?
Will the bulb go on and off as the relay goes on and off respectively?
Couldn't you use a power FET instead of a relay if all you want to do is power up a 12V bulb?

Post deleted

Last edited:
thank you for answering. i can give more detail. i need a relay or bulb 12v automotive to be normally off with the ignition off. as soon a the ignition is on or when car is started, i need a bulb to light on and be adustable for the time it remains on once the ignition in on. in other words, turn ignition on, but dont start. if you look at a dashoard, the "idiot lites" com? i am no electronics engineer. i can read a schematic, hook up the components, but, i dont know what a FET is or how it works. bare basics, thats it. thank you again , sir for responding

Ok, that's the timing clarified. Must it be a bulb, or would a LED do? The circuit could be simpler/cheaper for an LED as it uses much less current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back