Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V AC adapter to 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbagump00

Hi, I am building my own digital photo frame. I am using a Haier 7" LCD TV for the screen, which requires a 12V input, and the SanDisk Digital Photo Viewer (SDV2-A-A30), which requires only 5V of power. I understand I could possibly use a 5V regulator, but I don't know where to insert that into the circuit, or if I would possibly need a diode or heatsink or anything for it.

Essentially, I'm connecting the digital photo viewer to the 7" LCD screen, but I only want to use one AC power adapter for both parts. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Use a 7805 linear voltage regulator. Whether you need a heatsink or not is dependent on the current draw of the SanDisk Digital Photo Viewer. Post that spec and someone will let you know.

Provided your AC adapter has a DC output you don't need any diodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back