Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v 50ma to 100ma Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnol

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have a NuVo Grand Concerto system and an older amp, without any 12v trigger, powering one of the zones. Thus I tried to add a Russound ACT-1 (voltage triggered AC outlet) to power on/off the amp with the 12v trigger of that zone from the NuVo. Problem is the NuVo outputs 12v@50ma and the Russound requires 12v@100ma to trigger. Thus it is not triggering the ACT-1. Taking a 12v 250ma power supply to the Russound, it triggers fine and the 12v output of the NuVo triggers a new amp, with a 12v trigger, fine. I added a relay, IDEC RH1B-U DC12V, and you could see the coil trying to flip but the NuVo's 50ma was not enough to trip the relay. I saw a previous post about using a transistor, diode, and resistor with the relay but I'm no electrical engineer to figure it out (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/25ma-to-100ma-12v-trigger.23853/). Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back