Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12675 EEProm refresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mosaic which page of the datasheet does it say that on?

Edit: Found it.

Last edited:
The D120 Specification:

12.7 DC Characteristics:
Data EEPROM Memory

Param
No. Sym Characteristic Min Typ Max Units Conditions

D120 ED Byte Endurance 100K 1M - E/W -40°C<TA<+85°C
D120A ED Byte Endurance 10K 100K - E/W +85°C<TA<+125°C
From page 90.

I think what it's saying is that if you have variables which you are updated very frequently, and variables which are not updated frequently, then you need to refresh the ones which don't update frequently. If all of your variables are frequently refreshed, or all of them are rarely refreshed, then you shouldn't need to worry.

It says on the same table that the EEPROM data retention is >40 years so maybe just refresh once every 40 years ;)

Yes refreshing is just reading and rewriting.

I could be wrong on what I think they're saying, though.

Last edited:
Byte endurance... as I have understood... if you chip runs at normal temperature.. -40 > +85. 1 million write cycles otherwise if you run at high temperatures > 85.. then expect the byte location's endurance to only 100 thousand write cycles.. ( still an awful lot though ).. Gobbledok is correct though... if you write a byte to EEprom..it will be there 40 years later ( unless its over written ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back