Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

120vac to 24vac transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWD

i HAVE A 120VAC TO 24VAC TRANSFORMER FOR A SPRINKLER CONTROL IT HAS TWO OUTPUT SHOUL BOTH HAVE 24VAC? wHEN I CHECK ONES HAS 60 AND THE OTHER HAS 72,HOWEVER WHEN I ATTACH THE 2 WIRES TO THE POWER MODULE ONE HAS 26 VAC AND THE OTHER NOTHING

Do you mean two outputs (2 pairs of wires for a total of 4 wires), or just two wires?

If just two wires, you should have 24Vac between the wires. Ignore any voltage measured between either wire and ground, because whatever you see that way is just incidental capacitive coupling, which might move a meter, but will not supply any useful current to anything...

You need to get a 1k resistor and hold it in your fingers. Put it on the wires and see if it gets warm/hot. Some of the readings you are describing are called "leakage" readings and will not supply a current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back