Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

120v transformer to 34v

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterward

So I purchased a control board that has a Chinese transformer. Input 120v, 50/60Hz 1.0A...Output 34v (a line with 3 dashes under it) 1.17A. It has two batteries that are kept charge by this transformer. Do I need to replace this with the "exact" transformer? Or can someone tell me what I "can" use that will work? thanx

Yes you need the same one volatge and current, also take note of the connector polarity.

The line with 3 dashes means DC. 34 VDC is unusual. You will need something greater than 1.17 Amps. If you get stuck, you could find a 12 or 24 VDC adapter and make a box to house one of these: **broken link removed**

You'll likely need a voltmeter to adjust it.

The power output of the adapter used must be greater than (1.17 A * 35 V) + 10 to 20%, so a 2A 24 VDC supply will work with the above board to boost it to 34 VDC.

work frequency is 50-60Hz, it is lamination transformer, power is 120*1=120W, for the low frequency transformer, 120W is very big, can you again confirm electical parameteres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back