Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

120 & 240 into radio room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a 120 foot one-way 20A 120 V circuit, you will have to run #8 copper wire for a 2% voltage drop. You should try to keep the drop under 3%

A 60 A 240 V for 120 feet like for a sub-panel, you would have to run #6 for a 2.1% drop.

6-3 NM-B with ground will run you $120 for 50 ft at Home Depot for example.

The outside conduit would have to be made from single wire THWN for a wet location. The wires could be all black and color coded with tape at the ends.

thanks for the help in guage of wire. I was thinking of that. you all have been very helpful it pointing me in the right direction. now I just need to make up my mind on using a supanel or just putting in outlets. and if I really need 2 120v cucuits or just one. I know one will be enough I was just trying to think of the future.

On another forum, I was considered an Electrical Expert and also an expert in other categories as well, but there was always someone who "checking my answers" in the Electrical Section so to speak. Feeder, sub-panel, pools and grounding stuff came up a lot. I don't have a copy of the NEC code, but you can read it online. Basically, you have to remember that 1) Only the inspector can sign off on anything and 2) The power company makes it's own rules. This forum is a subset of my knowledge. Ask away, presumably in a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back