Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 volt variable voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

iflymyhelishigh

Hi guys, I've been searching all over the internet, and could not find a 12 volt variable voltage regulator. I think that I can use a LM317T, correct?

I have a old Hard Drive power supply here (12 volt) with a LOT of room in the case after I took out that dinosaur hard drive. I feel that if there were to be a contest, that this would be the coolest looking lab supply after its done. Haha, I'm adding Blue LEDs all around the casing, a blue backlit 16X2 LCD for voltage output, and a beeper. hehe

Thanks guys, iflymyhelishigh

An LM317 will work fine, but it won't go all the way up to +12V if you are driving it with +12V. Regulators like that need a couple volts higher than your maximum output voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back