Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 volt incubator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

clembishop

Hi Folks,
I have built a 12 volt incubator circuit which is supplied by a guy by the name of Craig.If required I can supply the circuit in question since Craig made it available to all who need it. I have added to it a 12 volt relay and I use a 12 volt 40 watt globe as the heat source.
However,I cannot generate enough heat and if I were to improve the wattage I may blow up the circuit.
PLEASE HELP.............

CLEM

Hi Folks,
I have built a 12 volt incubator circuit which is supplied by a guy by the name of Craig.If required I can supply the circuit in question since Craig made it available to all who need it. I have added to it a 12 volt relay and I use a 12 volt 40 watt globe as the heat source.
However,I cannot generate enough heat and if I were to improve the wattage I may blow up the circuit.
PLEASE HELP.............

CLEM

hi Clem,
A circuit is required, also how much 'heat' do you need.??

A 40 W globe produces 40 W of heat, so if you can't increase the power, you can't get any more heat.

The only way to get any more heat is with a heat pump of some sort, so that heat is pumped from a cold side to the hot side. The only type for that sort of power is a peltier cell. That is how cool boxes work, most of which can be reversed to get the insides hot. They usually have fans on the outside heatsink to improve efficiency.

I would be think that increasing the amount of insulation would be easier.

Hi Ken,
The current capacity of the 12 volt relay is 5 amps

hi Clem,
For that 12V relay, whats the contacts voltage rating at 5 amps.?
eg: 120Vac @ 5A or 24Vdc at 5A....

Hi Eric,
On the 12 volt relay in question the contacts voltage rating at 5 amps is 12 volts

hi,
That would fix the max lamp wattage at 60Watts, ie: 5A *12V

If you need more power, you could add another 12V relay coil across the first 60W lamp, so when the lamp is ON, the second relay would energise and switch another 60W or you could use a 12Vdc 10A relay

Make sure that the relay coil requires <= 50mA to operate [ LM311 max drive current]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back