Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 volt 5 second timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in need of a simple timer for my remote start on a generator. I would really like to just buy something that will work, anything between 4 to 10 seconds should do the job. I am not very knowledgable with building circuits but I guess I could handle it if I have to.
Thanks
Lee

I think I found something, it looks like it will even handle the load of the actuator without a extra relay. If you know of something better please let me know
Thanks
Lee

**broken link removed**

Looks a little light duty, although claims to handle 8A at 28VDC.

Do you know the initial current draw of your generator starter motor?

The initial startup current for any motor starter is quite high, especially as it has to overcome the inertia of both the starter motor AND the engine. The first full compression stroke draws the highest.

Looks good to me. Couldn't even begin to put that rig together for yourself for that price.

Given that it's for your generator (emergency, I presume), I'd buy two, keep one as a spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back