Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 to 48 Volt DC Variable PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

G'day Guy's,
Well that 12-48 volt 300 watt cnc spindle finally turned up off fleabay so now I need to make a circuit to power the thing. At the moment I just use my dremmel on my cnc which after close to 5 years is finally going.

Being so busy with work I haven't yet done a research on the forum as it may of already been done before.

Now for powering I do have a decent transformer that outputs 95 volts ( old telstra phone transformer) and i have used that for powering an AC heating element with no problems. It may pay for me to scrounge:)mad: BUY) a new transformer too.

Anyway tonight after work I'll get a bit more research done.

Regards Bryan

Note: Yes I could just buy a fleabay based psu but the track record of those are patchy at best.

Going from 95V to 18-48V at 300W won't be trivial. Easier (possibly cheaper) to buy a suitable power supply?

Hi Alec,
I ended up replacing the switch on my 75 volt 10 amp variable psu I build years ago to power my watch makers lathe and it works great on the cnc spindle, that psu has a 22,000uf cap the size of a coke can and a variable resistor about 4" diameter. Hopefully that psu will have enough grunt with some overhead for long term use.

Regards Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back