Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 Key numeric keypad project idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

denno

Hi all, this is my first post, so I hope I'm allowed to be asking this here.

I have found in my Jaycar catalog, a 12 key numeric keypad (**broken link removed**), and I would like to implement it in my car in someway. What I was thinking, is seeing as thought I'm planning on having a few LED's strips and tubes, and various other lighting, which will also be connected to music control, I thought it would be good if I could use something like this in which I can put in the number for one light, or put in another number which will turn on two lights, or all lights, and activate/deactivate the music interface function etc. I am not exactly sure how I should go about this though, and whether it would be too easy or not.

I basically don't want to have a whole heap of switches to turn the lights on and off, and I don't want just one which will turn them all on or all off. So i thought that using something like this will be easy to mount in the car, and will allow me to hopefully control hundreds of different things (hyperthetically).

So is there a relatively eay way I could use this keypad, connect it to something to interpret the input numbers, and then have that connected to the LED's, turning the correct ones on or off?

Thanks in advance.

you might use a 16 button key pad in a matrix. There are decoder ICs for matrix coded key pads.

Switching single and everything requires some logic circuits too, to be able to address each single device and the sum of all devices.

Use an MCU to do that. It can also decode the key pad with the appriate software.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back