Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12-220V inverter fault diagnostics

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc.alpujarra

Hi, I have here 12-220V inverter which starts normally but turn itself off after 3 sec and red diode on BOARD turns ON. The 5V usb output from inverter works fine.
What I tried:
- I followed input power lines up to the board OK
- Fuses are OK
- Checked voltage on biggest capacitor when device on, It went up to 300-350 V (33uF,400V) but drops when red diode starts.

Where to continue?
How to check the big transformator?
Thank you

Last edited:
More techno information needed. What make/model? Can you link to the inverter datasheet?

TD DIS 300W power inverter (some french stuff) difficult to find anything useful about it
homepage http://tddis.com/ whis is like label on it but maybe just rebranded chinese noname
can upload pictures of internals if needed

You should find the main PWM IC circuit on board looking for datasheet and test power transistors. If it is an inverter I don´t know what you mean with big capacitor. Usually the conversion is from 12V to 220V so no 300V needed as when a dropdown SMPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back