Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

110V to 220V

Status
Not open for further replies.
this opens up a new topic...

Gonzo, thanks!
Xanadunow - you've got a weird sense of humor :)

I didn't find a spare eu plug in my tools, so will get one once the stores open and will test the consensus here.

But it is an interesting discovery for me. One can assume then that most of the major-brand electrical appliances should have such a wiring in order for them to have less of a hussle selling the same product in the US and Europe...

PS3, blu-ray players, dvd players... wouldn't they all have the same wiring? Have you come across many of such hi-fi devices?

thanks again to all &
happy holidays
Ace

actually i beg to differ with my posts on here. the power supply is a tottaly seperate unit and only produces one voltage so you could replace it with aother unit producing the same voltage and power running off 240 volts, if its running on say 12 volts you could easily get an external SMPS to run it, you can't adapt the present one as it does rather look like a SMPS.

actually i beg to differ with my posts on here. the power supply is a tottaly seperate unit and only produces one voltage so you could replace it with aother unit producing the same voltage and power running off 240 volts, if its running on say 12 volts you could easily get an external SMPS to run it, you can't adapt the present one as it does rather look like a SMPS.

You missed it......three to four posts back. His SMPS is dual output and takes universal input from 100-240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hz!

I am not sure if 1.3mb picture will upload, so this is what's written on the white label of a fat drum that you, I guess, call a capacitor :)

Jentec Technology, Inc
Model: JTP0201-B
AC Input: 100-240 Vac/1A
50-60 Hz
DC Output: +5V/2A, +12V/2A

Made in China
EL

FYI, the fat drum is the capacitor. The label on it is the label for the power supply, and I guess that the capacitor is the only place they could find for the label as there is no case on the power supply.

The capacitor rating has been hidden by that label, but the information on the label is much more informative. You can simply put a European plug on the unit. You might want to get a 3 core mains cable with an earth connection and connect the green/yellow wire to the case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back