Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10x times power generation from x input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIREN DAVE

Hello Friends,

Is it possible to store 1 mW power for required time and take 10 mW for some time?? whatever charging time i don't care but my output should be 10 times than input. I have only 1 source i.e. 1mW.

A battery does what you describe. For example, the discharge current can be 10X the charging current. However, it takes more than ten times longer to charge it than it takes to discharge it.

Capacitors can also perform this function with higher efficiency, however their storage capacity is more limited than a battery's.

ok got it.
which battery should i use? can i use mobile battery which require 1w for charging? any circuit? any direct ic available??

ok. I have a point source of 0.75V and 1.4mA. i.e. 1mW. Now i want to charge my mobile battery using this point source. is it possible?

You'd need an inverter which would give you say 5v (USB charging). Assuming a 70% efficiency you'd get 0.7mw @ 5v which would be 5v@0.14ma - it would take a phone with a 1700ma/h battery 12142 hours (around a year and a half) to charge assuming a 100% efficient charging circuit in the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back