Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100W with TDA2030

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiriac_marius

Did U ever think it can be posible?...
All U need now is a power sorce.

Attachments

• schema.gif
    schema.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 23,049
  • lista_de_piese.txt
    318 bytes · Views: 2,770
  • pozitionarea.jpg
    pozitionarea.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 7,790
here is the mono vresion.

Attachments

• 50w-tda2030_mono.pdf
    12.9 KB · Views: 3,924
What kind of Watts are you talking about?
A 36V supply (the absolute maximum of the TDA2030) if unregulated will probably sag to 33V or less at full power. The TDA2030 will have an output swing of only 28Vp-p because it isn't bootstrapped. The RMS of 28Vp-p is only 9.9V, so the the power for an 8 ohm speaker is only 12W!
Maybe 25W into a 4 ohm speaker? (if the output transistors and power supply can handle the current). It would measure about 35W with an awful-sounding 10% distortion (square-waves) which you could say is 70W peak. You could also measure "music-power" (just for a moment before the power supply voltage sags) and end up with 100 WHATS! Not 100 Watts.
With a 36V regulated supply then its continuous power will be maintained.

If you want much more power then use TDA2030A ICs which are rated at 44V. Use regulated +, - 22V to supply a bridged amp (the speaker is powered from both ends, out-of-phase) and a 4 ohm speaker will get about 190W RMS at low distortion. That's about 570 WHATS! 1.14 Kilo-WHATS!

:wink: power supply is 18v that schematic shows 2X50W at 8 Ohmi but in bridge 1X100W at 4 Ohmi
At 75% of it`s power TDA2030 becomes the driver for the BDX54C and for the BDX53C. :lol: if U dont bellive me ask this guy here named Vasile.
**broken link removed**

chiriac_marius said:
:wink: power supply is 18v that schematic shows 2X50W at 8 Ohmi but in bridge 1X100W at 4 Ohmi

With a single ended output, and a 36V supply, assuming zero losses, you can only get a maximum of 20.26W into an 8 ohm load!. For a 4 ohm load this would double to 40.52W - but in practice it would be rather less. There's no way to get 50W into an 8 ohm load, from a single ended amplifier off a 36V supply (apart from output transformers).

A more likely spec is 50W into 2 ohms, which would translate into 100W into 4 ohms in bridge mode - the extra power transistors would give the extra power required for 2 ohm loads.

But it's a pretty poor design, more a toy than a practical design?. Far better using a decent supply rail and a 'proper' power amplifier to give 100W into 4 ohms.

I don't speak Romanian so I can't argue about its power output over there.
If you don't believe Nigel and me, look at exactly the same circuit in the datasheet for the TDA2030A: **broken link removed**
With a 36V regulated supply, it produces only 28WRMS into 4 ohms at clipping (0.5% distortion), 35WRMS with a horrible-sounding 10% distortion. The datasheet is very good, it even shows how much sag and ripple occur with an unregulated supply.

I found an article for a "200 WHATS" amplifier kit using two of your "50 WHATS" amps that are bridged. It uses TDA2030's probably because the "A" version came later. It is a detailed article with PCB layout, etc.
There is no way that it will produce 200 Watts, but it will be close with a 44V regulated supply and TDA2030A IC's:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/013/index.html 200W amp project

I have built it and it dose exactly what I said
whay dont U built it and see for Ur self ist not that expensive.
U have all U need even the PCB file.

Hi Chiriac,
I have designed, built and tested many amplifiers and know that you cannot get 50WRMS into 8 ohms when using a supply of only 36V total.

Did you measure the power output with an oscilloscope seeing that it is not clipping?
Don't you believe the manufacturer of the TDA2030A on their datasheet that I posted?

Simple arithmatic shows that 50WRMS into 8 ohms is a sine-wave voltage of 56.56V peak-to-peak. Your 36V supply total is nowhere near that. :roll:

audioguru said:
Hi Chiriac,
I have designed, built and tested many amplifiers and know that you cannot get 50WRMS into 8 ohms when using a supply of only 36V total.

Same here!, but as I posted above, I think he made a mistake in his post - it should have been 50W into 2 ohms (not 8 ohms). This is quite possible from 36V, with the extra transistors providing the current required - and it would give 100W into 4 ohms in bridge mode.

But as a home designer and builder of amplifiers for over 30 years, I wouldn't consider building this one! - for very little more effort you could build a 'proper' 100W amplifier.

Hi Nigel,
I agree that if it uses a regulated 36V supply, it will give 100WRMS at fairly low distortion into a 4 ohm load. :D
I wonder how much power is wasted in its speaker fuse. :roll:
Just think about how much over their rating the output transistors are exceeding their SOA! Paralleled transistors are needed. :wink:
The manufacturer's circuit avoids problems by using an 8 ohm load when the amps are bridged.

audioguru said:
Hi Nigel,
I agree that if it uses a regulated 36V supply, it will give 100WRMS at fairly low distortion into a 4 ohm load. :D
I wonder how much power is wasted in its speaker fuse. :roll:
Just think about how much over their rating the output transistors are exceeding their SOA! Paralleled transistors are needed. :wink:
The manufacturer's circuit avoids problems by using an 8 ohm load when the amps are bridged.

Well, I must admit I hadn't looked at the spec on the transistors used, I'd presumed they were a lot better than they are!. Certainly pushing them rather hard! - not devices I would have chosen!.

Ok,
if U all say that it`s not what it seames to be could anybody tell me how much a relly good amp cost if I whant to buy it let`s say from england + the expencises for the pachege?
Or better, witch one of U has an amp for sale but someting good with tubes over 200W...
Someting like this

Attachments

• dz0211-1.jpg
    dz0211-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,993
chiriac_marius said:
Ok,
if U all say that it`s not what it seames to be could anybody tell me how much a relly good amp cost if I whant to buy it let`s say from england + the expencises for the pachege?
Or better, witch one of U has an amp for sale but someting good with tubes over 200W...
Someting like this

Try having a look here https://www.ampslab.com/projects.htm, they look pretty impressive!.

What are you actually wanting an amp for?, and why do you have a wish for a valve one? - personally I don't like valve amps, only suitable for lead guitar amplifiers in rock bands, simply for the overdriven distortion sound they like.

Vacuum tooooooooobes? Valves are in engines, aren't they? (Those Brits!)

Did you hear about the guy who is making the world's most powerful audio amp with paralleled transmitter tubes (valves?). He has blown the main mains breaker in his office building and uses welded railroad tracks for a dummy load! 300W or more for each tube's heater!

The web is full of sites with guitar amps. Here is another one with big amps, still bigger and even tube amps. It shows a huge amp and its enormous crossover distortion. Hold your ears, here it is:
**broken link removed**

Hey, and do not bother w
Schematic map number 4 so that the order of the numbers from one to four named what
Please speak in English then we know what you are talking about.

Maybe you are talking about the first schematic that shows a stereo amplifier that can be bridged by connecting the numbered and lettered terminals?
Its little transistors will probably blow up.

;);) The 100 Watts is Probably DC Input Power.
When an amplifier is very over-driven so that its output is a square-wave then it does not heat up much. Almost all the power supply power goes to the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back