Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100KHZ Sawtooth Generator crcuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgemini

hi friends
i am looking for 100Khz Sawtooth Generator criuit for my college Lab project ....

niose Generator also works :arrow:

An ICL8038 function generator IC may do.

Try this link:

**broken link removed**

JimB

Have you ever heared of Google?
Do you do anything for yourself?

I gave you a reference for the 8038 in my original post.

Try this for the XR2206.

https://www.elexs.de/sinus1.htm

JimB

100kHz is toward the high end of the ICL8038's capability, but it's also obsolete. You may still be able to find some.

I think the OP needs to put a little more effort into his own research, though.

j.

Haven't we been through this exercise before?
Do you need A, B, or C? How many volts peak-to-peak?

Attachments

• sawtooth.gif
    sawtooth.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,235
hi

A will be great..........

should be 100Mhz or more but DV offset the output should be 17V - 20V

The XR2206 circuit looks to be fairly easy to build and will probably make a nice piece of bench equipment. I ordered a couple of those chips and intend to build one pretty soon. Thanks for the info.

imgenini wrote
should be 100Mhz or
I think you meant 100Khz
I think if you generate a square wave at 100Khz and then feed it to an op amp integrater you will have the wave form that you need.

Run a astable 555 timer at 100kHz (it is very near its limit) and you will get the sawtooth waveform of the timing capacitor. You can use a opamp buffer/amplifier to prevent loading of this signal.

If you have to make your own, the basic building blocks are: Constant current source, flip-flop, 2 comparators, a capacitor, and resistor.

Charge the cap from the current source, detect the upper voltage trip with the comparator, flip the flip-flop and discharge the cap through a resistor while detecting the lower voltage trip. Flip the flip-flop and start the charge cycle again..

You have now effectively made your own 555!

At 100kHz you will need a fairly fast comparator like the LM311

If you have to make your own, the basic building blocks are: Constant current source, flip-flop, 2 comparators, a capacitor, and resistor.

Probably the biggest difference between the 555 and the 8038 is that the 8038's capacitor is charged by a current source, while the 555's is not. So the 555 will not put out a real sawtooth, but may be close enough.

j.

If a "true" sawtooth is not that important, a simple uni-junction oscillator may also do.

John Sorensen said:
Do you need A, B, or C? How many volts peak-to-peak?

I would say only A is a sawtooth. B and C are ramps. But I wouldn't be contentious about it.

j.
Well, John, then I guess I have to get contentious. :D
According to this site, waveform A is a triangle wave, and the other two are sawtooths (sawteeth?). I gotta say they all look like triangles to me - maybe A shoulda been called an isosceles triangle wave. I can see why the other two are called sawtooth waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back