Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1000vdc 1 amp high frequency plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need plans for 1000vdc 1 amp high frequency power supply and would be very greatful.thankyou for your time;

1000 volts 1A = 1kw
Questions:
What in the input power? 220 VAC 5A?
"high frequency" Do you want a switching power supply?
Do you need "power factor correction"?

12 vdc input ,minumum 70hz but would prefer it to go into the megahertz or higher.

Easily done with a off the shelf power inverter and a slightly modified microwave oven transformer.

i got 6 microwave ovens in the yard, tell me more?

diamonds =mhd craft,clubs=mercury gas ventury,hearts=magnetic field,spades=plumbbob/tribolelectric collector,joker=the guy flying it,saw your avatar and went huh?

Last edited:
12 vdc input ,minumum 70hz but would prefer it to go into the megahertz or higher.
What!

This is a automotive thing? 12V in.
70hz is a long way away from megahertz.

Words are not working. I think you are wanting one of these things.
12 volts dc in 110 or 220 volts AC out. 1000 watts
DSCF5250.jpg

no im building basically a jet engine that needs 1000vdc to get it going with a varyable frequency that can be increased.
at high altitude fuel engines die. so im using car batteries.
12vdc input 1000vdc output?
any takers?

at high altitude fuel engines die. so im using car batteries.
I suspect a car battery would also die at high altitude? The high current would heat the battery and the electrolyte, being at low pressure, would probably boil easily.
Let's see. Suppose your battery has a 100Ah nominal capacity. You would be drawing about 100A from it (allowing for inverter inefficiency) and at that current the realistic effective capacity would be only about 66Ah, so battery life would be about 40 minutes (if it didn't overheat). Were you hoping for longer?

Last edited:
You want something to fly and you're going to use a car battery? You're delusional. Get some education.

Mike.

thankyou alec t.i may use lithium batteries then.

im thinking i may just need a car ignition but i need high current thus 1 amp and high frequency variable switch

Last edited by a moderator:
In order for an aircraft to be able to lift a car battery, it would need to be HUGE. How small do you expect to be able to make this thing?

Last edited:
i expect this plane to be a hybrid between a b2 and a f22.engine pic is above.

regardless, i need a 12vdc input 1000vdc 1 amp output variable frequency from 70 htz to mhz .

Last edited:
That won't give you 1000V at 1A, nor does it have a frequency variable up to anywhere near 1MHz (even 1kHz would be pushing it).
thankyou alec t.i may just use a mercury gas switch triggered by microwave but i wanted to see what you guys thought before going that route.

Seems my previous post was deleted because I'm not allowed to insult another member. I got called a troll further up this thread and was replying to that. How is that not an insult to me? Please delete the troll post.

Mike.

Can you explain why the frequency needs to be variable if it is only for an ignition system ?

Les.

Also, I got a notification from an anonymous person and no right of reply.

Just wrong on so many levels.

Mike.

because magnetic pulses move at close to the speed of light.the more pulses the faster it will go.
if one pulse gives you one horse power in one second then 1000 pulses of same strength gives you 1000 hp per second as long as fuel can keep up.
thats exagerating a bit but i use it to get the point across thoroughly.
this is why some forums attack mhd.they dont want that knowledge getting out.hmm?

my avatar is the very first mhd.now im working on an advanced one but need trigger.
thats where you kind fellows come in thankyou for your patience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back