Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100 kHz square wave oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHzKid

Hi all, I need to build a 100 kHz square wave oscillator as part of a project I'm undertaking.

I have designed a "gated oscillator" using the 4093 quad 2-input NAND schmitt trigger with a 100Ω resistor and 0.1f capacitor. Is this suitable?

Thanks for any help :)

What is the frequency accuracy you need?

A gated oscillator can be turned off and on. Do you need that feature?

Thanks for the quick reply. No I don't need to turn the oscillator off and it doesn't have to be highly accurate.

Do you have another solution that i could consider?

For a single chip solution you could use the clock circuit in the MM5369.

What about the good old 555 timer?

Last edited:
An ordinary Cmos CD4093 cannot drive an oscillator resistor as low as 100 ohms. Use 10k and reduce the capacitor value to 0.001uF.

Single version of CD4093?

I have a good square wave oscillator circuit with the CD4093 using one resistor, one capacitor and just one of the 4 gates in the CD4093.
- I intend to make it on a print with only a minimum of PCB area. So I have tried to find "Single" version of the CD4093. But that have been without success until now. Is it really true that a single version with exactly the same features is "hard to find"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back