Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 wire transmission reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonel

Hi,
I have two boards, and i want to communicate berween them... to do so, I'm implementing a circuit that does transmission from one board to the other using 3 wires (L+N+signal). You can find that in attachment... U3A it's in one side of the board and U4A in the other side. In simulation it's possible to transmit pulses between U3A and U4A with the circuit attached... (i have the pulses inverted in the other side).

My goal now, is using those 3 wires do transmission and reception. I tried to replicate the same circuit, but without sucess... i do not know how to join them together...

Any ideias? What i can do?
Do you know any IC that does what i want, instead of using optocouplers?

Thanks.
Best regards

Attachments

• 1wire transmission.JPG
    1wire transmission.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 199
Hi,
The problem is that i need 2 wires to do TX and RX. My goal is to do that with 1 wire (transmission/reception).
Any ideias?

I tried with different circuits (always with optocouplers) but without success...

I think it's possible... although i do not know how to do it!!!!

Thanks.

Best regards

you can tdm it.. and by using specific interval for tx & rx

Last edited:
1 wire

How about this. It's really 3 wires because of voltage and ground but..

Attachments

• 1 wire.PNG
    1 wire.PNG
    38.6 KB · Views: 215
Hi, Thanks.
I think your ideia will do if i have a common ground between the two boards... although I will explore your ideia.
The 3 wires i want to pass between the boards are the 220V power source (L+N) and the extra transmission wire... i will not have a "common ground", so i will need optocouplers to isolate the power supplies!?

Sorry but in these moments i have so many doubts how to do it and i'm stuck...

Best regards

Look at my first post... you have a schematic there, although it's only transmission! I tried to duplicate that to have reception but without success... i come always with 4 wires. I tried to make the signal wire common (transmission and reception) but without success!

Hi,
Sorry to call it "one wire"...

The reason why i do not want to use another technology is beacause is expensive that the one i'm tryng to implement and my "boss" want to do with 3 wires.
If i use optocouplers i do not need a common ground (as you said in my last thread) - i'm following your advice.

Please take a look at schematic attached (it's a little confused) but i've just do it know... i think it's possible with that (the simulation says that...) although when i'm doing transmission in one side of the board i need to put on the other side the collector at 0V. In the example i put V1 at 5V to transmit the signal at V4 to U4 collector.

What you think of that implementation?

Thanks

Attachments

• circuit implementation.JPG
    circuit implementation.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 190
Hi,
If it was "homework" i would put in the correct section...
I just want your opinion about my circuit... if there is a better way to do it, share ideias, ... In this section says: "Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Review"

Regarding the circuit, have you looked at it!?
Do you have an opinion?

Thanks.
Best regards

Sorry for the "mess" in my last circuit...
Now, you can see a cleaner circuit with 1wire for transmission/reception plus 2 wires for power. In total 3 wires comming from one board to another board. In order to work (in simulation), i need that V4 be always 5V.
Do you have an ideia in how to avoid that?

Thanks.

Attachments

• transmission reception.JPG
    transmission reception.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back