Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 MODEM to 4 pc connection- maximum distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic5

I have a LAN connection with type2 MODEM. It has 4 port to connect with 4 PC. But, I have one PC at 250 feet, 2 PC's at 100 feet from my MODEM. The modem has wi-fi too.

Whether the wired or wireless connection is good to that distances? Is it give good internet connection without loss of data?

give any suggestions and ideas!

note: This is to provide Internet connection to a school.

a LAN cable worked well with 25metres of cat5 cable for me. Perhaps you can re locate the modem to a near by place so that the 250feet can be reduced, while serving others by wi-fi or even cables .
this re arrangement of modem might help to solve.

Ps: Always LAN cable works stable compared to RF. if you want to go to WiFi, you need to purchase suitable wifi interfaces for all the computers if they are desktop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back