Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 digit up/down counter using 74LS192D

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwach

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I need help making my project. I need to design a circuit which counts up every time something passes the up sensor and counts down something passes the down sensor. For the sensor, I need to use either a photo sensor or an IR. The up counter should freeze at 9 and the down counter should freeze at 0. I really have no idea on how to use a 74LS129D IC or how to design a photo sensor or an IR since this will be the first time I'm really going to use any of those devices.

Your help is really appreciated and thank you in advanced.

Thanks for the link you posted, it gave some idea on how to make the up/down counter but i still don't know how to use the photosensor or IR to make the circuit count up or count down. Also, what is the purpose of the 555 timer?

Thanks for the link you posted, it gave some idea on how to make the up/down counter but i still don't know how to use the photosensor or IR to make the circuit count up or count down. Also, what is the purpose of the 555 timer?

hi,
On those example circuits, one is controlled by manual switches and one by a 555 One second Timer.

Over what distance will the IR emitter and photo detector be apart.?

Is this a people going into a room and leaving counter.?

E

There was no set distance given for the emitter and detector. Yes, this is a people going into a room and leaving counter.

There was no set distance given for the emitter and detector. Yes, this is a people going into a room and leaving counter.

hi,
These people counters are often asked for..:D

If you considered a typical doorway width is about 0.8mtr, this means a good design for the IR and detectors is required, also a second pair would be required in order to count up and down.

The UP pair would have be separated by about 0.6mtr away from the DOWN pair.

This is so the up/down direction can be detected.

E

Have you Searched this Forum for people counters.?

I haven't tried yet since I decided to try and finish the up/down counter first. Thank you for the advice I'll try searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back