Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1.5v Circuit to control 12v Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

815turbo

I have a blower motor from a car operating on 6vdc for a project i'm doing. I've a cell phone to control when the motor is on and how long.

I have 1.5v Output from phone(vibrate motor)

I need when phone vibrates(1.5v Out) it engages 12v(6v) circuit(turns motor). Any Help?

Not Sure if Edit Worked.

I've heard "Transistor" and "Optoisolator"(IL203, to a relay, maybe?), which one is right for me?

The Device, aka "phone", is an android device for which I can control vibrate motor at will.

Last edited:
The simplest and cheapest would be a transistor. An additional higher power stage might be needed. What current can you safely draw from your vibration-motor output? What peak current does the motor draw?

Hello,

The output from the board is actually 3.25v, i dont have the motor any more, how would I check without it?

Try googling for information about vibration-motors. Hopefully someone can say what current they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back