Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1.2V to 5V converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riofun

Can anyone provide a simple circuit diagram of 1.2V(AA battery) to 5V Dc-Dc step-up converter ? Just use it for microcontroller. xxx

anyone got idea about what the output current is by using MAX1724 if the input is 1.2v battery ?

Amazon.com: Multi-Brand Cell Phone Quick Charger - One AA Battery: Electronics

$6, not the one I was thinking of, just the first one I found. Most convenience, Walmart, and similar will have these, and most likely for less as well. Worth taking a look, shipping alone one the parts to build one, would be more than enough to buy one ready built... But then again. some people are willing to pay any price, for the learning experience... Personally, I don't see the point of re-inventing the wheel, unless I can save money, or make some important improvement. Don't know a whole lot about boost converters, but efficiency seems to be a function of the quality of your parts, construction technique, and how well you match up your parts. Might look great on paper, or in simulation, but the final results are usually a little short, or in my case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back