Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1.2 Gain 350mA amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much appreciated Eric! What software did you design this in?

Its LTspice, free download the asc file for LTS attached.

Note with the higher voltage the output transistor will need a heat sink, if it runs to warm, use a higher powered transistor.

Attachments

• OPA350c.asc
    2.3 KB · Views: 93
So i tried the circuit. My OPA gets hot and circuit doesn't work. Just for fun, I tried wiring the transistor straight to my input signal (Limit 0-10V instead of desired 0-12V) and it works wonderfully, except I cant get to the top end of my control (since I am missing a full 2volts of signal).

What if I try a power OPA, like a 296-23089-5-ND (From Digikey) ?

So i tried the circuit. My OPA gets hot and circuit doesn't work. Just for fun, I tried wiring the transistor straight to my input signal (Limit 0-10V instead of desired 0-12V) and it works wonderfully, except I cant get to the top end of my control (since I am missing a full 2volts of signal).

What if I try a power OPA, like a 296-23089-5-ND (From Digikey) ?

Hi,
This would give a simple fix.

EDIT:
Checking the original circuit, I can see no reason why your LM358 is running hot.

Attachments

• AAesp05.gif
    AAesp05.gif
    34 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
The opamp will get hot if the pins on the transistor are connected wrongly (or the collector is not powered) so it has no current gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back